The new Report Centre provides a consolidated space for all types of reporting tools across the entire SuccessFactors suite. The sleek Fiori design gives a more modern and engaging user experience as compared to the original traditional reporting navigation.
As of Q3 2017 release, Report Centre became generally available as an optional upgrade through the Upgrade Centre for existing customers.
Have you upgraded to the Report Centre yet?
Benefits to upgrading to Report Centre can be summarised as follows:
- Visual Interface: A sleek interface with a visually appealing Fiori design.
- Consolidated Workspace: All report functionality in one place, regardless of the data source. You can create New Reports, or you can Run, Edit, Share, Import/Export, Schedule (including Ad hoc reports) and Label existing Reports.
- Engagement: Easy user-friendly interface allows a wider demographic to upskill their reporting knowledge and engage in creating and sharing reports.
- Documentation: All new User Guides, SAP Launchpad KBA etc. are all geared towards Report Centre.
- SF Reporting Training/Certification: Are all conducted using the new Report Centre interface.
- Easy to upgrade: Report Centre is quick to enable via Upgrade Centre.
- New features and enhancements: Are being released with each quarterly release. SAP Analytics Cloud, the future of SAP SF Reporting, will be housed within Report Centre. Advantageous to be familiar with and benefiting from pre-existing Report Centre usage.
The use of Report Centre forms part of the strategic direction of SAP’s reporting functionality and will include the integration of SAP Analytics Cloud in 2019.
According to the roadmap for the rollout of SAP Analytic Cloud it is SAP’s intention that it will be available via the Report Centre. Report Centre will become the entry point for all the new capabilities providing a seamless reporting interface.
A summary of the reporting tools currently supported is as follows:
There are 4 Types of Reports:
Report – Canvas
Canvas reports formally known as Online Report Designer in traditional navigation are home to all advanced and detailed reporting functionality and can be used to create queries from a number of different data sources:
- Ad hoc (live data) via detailed reporting query tool
- Replicated data source (ODS or realms) which pulls data from EC and other modules via detailed reporting or advanced reporting query tools
Key features of Canvas Reports:
- Fully self-serviceable
- Cross Domain reporting
- LMS supported
- Runtime filters and People Scope
- Drag and drop components can be formatted into presentation-ready Lists, Tables, Charts, Pivots Images or Text
- Rich multi-page printable reports
- Can be exported as PPs, PDFs, word or excel documents
- Users can also use the report distributor tool to schedule and email PDFs of reports or run reports offline
- Users can implement data transformations
- Relabelling fields
- Creating custom calculations, aggregated columns and concatenated fields
- Using If/Then/Else statements
- Hiding duplicates
- Transposing rows to columns
Table reports provide an intuitive ad hoc reporting tool to extract data quickly and easily from SuccessFactors modules. The list report output can be easily exported in either CSV, PDF, Excel and PPT form and shared across the organisation.
Tiles provide a flexible interactive visualisation of data from across the entire SuccessFactors suite. Their output can be displayed in either chart, pie or line graph form. Tiles can be built using the intuitive Tile Builder Wizard that is available through Report Centre, which guides users through the easy step by step process.
Drill down detail is supported in tiles and the columns can be customised in the tile building process. Once built, tiles can be pushed to the Home page or Insights Panel and can be made active on the SuccessFactors Mobile App. Each tile is independent and can be incorporated into Dashboards.
Dashboards are a method to visualise and collect multiple tiles on a single page. They are interactive, support drill to detail functionality and provide a method of comparison for multiple metrics.
SAP SuccessFactors have produced a set of standard report templates that are available to download, these reports encompass all core modules in the SAP SuccessFactors suite. The templates include canvas reports, tiles and dashboards and can be downloaded from help.sap.com. Standard reports work best if following a standard implementation, this includes the use of standard fields. A full list and summary of each standard report is available to review from the following link SAP.
It is worth noting that whilst you cannot change standard reports they can be used as a basis for more complex customer specific requirements. You can make use of the duplicate report function to copy the standard report and then edit to your custom requirements.
Once downloaded the standard reports can be uploaded using the Report Transfer functionality as described in the selection below.
Reports can be uploaded in one of two ways:
1. Via traditional navigation using Report Transfer function
2. Via simplified navigation – On the Report Centre homepage click on Import and import your chosen report
An extensive Report Transfer user guide can be found at SAP Help Workforce Analytics home page.
Author: Rachael Parsons, SAP SuccessFactors Consultant at EPI-USE